Woodhill Primary School receive the Gold Mark for PE
Following on from the good news about receiving the Gold Mark in Science we are very pleased to announce that we have been awarded a Gold mark for our PE and Sport provision at school.
In order to achieve this we had to:
- Ensure we provided 2 hours a week of high quality PE
- Participate in at least 18 competitions (308 children took part!)
- Have over 50% of the school attend after-school clubs (we had 70%+)
- Have active Sports Leaders in place
- Ensure that we provide training in PE to staff
- Provide opportunities for children to develop their skills further through interventions or greater depth sessions
We will continue this good work to ensure that we also receieve the award next year. We are very proud of everyone that has contributed to this, pupils and staff.